Recipe: Gut-healthy, Multi-grain Bread
I know none of you like all those recipe blogs with the mountain of text and pop-ups before you get to the actual recipe, so all I’m giving you is a paragraph or two of introduction.
This is the standard bread recipe I developed that uses a variety of grains. My intent was to create a truly healthy bread recipe by including a great variety of whole ingredients, thus making it gut healthy.
You will need Gut-healthy, Multi-grain Flour for this recipe.
Gut-healthy Whole Wheat Bread
- 9×5 Bread Pan
- Large mixing bowl
- 3 1/2 C Gut-healthy Multi-grain Flour
- 2 T Vital Wheat Gluten
- 1 packet instant, fast-acting yeast Or 2.25 tsp.
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 T Honey
- 1 C Water
- 1 Egg or 1/4 C more water to make it vegan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all the dry ingredients together into a bowl. If you’re using the Instant, fast-acting yeast there is no need to bloom it in warm water. Don’t forget the vital wheat gluten as this will help your dough stick together and rise.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix together. Knead for 10 minutes.
- Place in a large bowl and cover. Let rise for at least 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Take the risen dough and place in a bread pan. Allow it to rise at least an additional 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.